Delay.

The doctor and anesthesia team pronounced Ava too sick with her head cold to go ahead with the feeding tube this morning. She’s pretty miserable, although it’s just your run-of-the-mill cold.
She’s been admitted with IV fluids to help her get better and if she’s well enough, to do the procedure in a couple days. She’s not sick enough to be in the hospital…except that it’s nearly impossible for us to keep her hydrated at home while she’s under the weather. This is one of the reasons we’re getting the tube in the first place.
So, it looks like we’re camping out at Arnold Palmer for an undetermined length of time. 
If you are someone who prays, please pray Ava will get well quickly enough to proceed. I am dreading the idea of going home and returning to our brutal feeding regimen til after Thanksgiving. And, for Ava’s sake it would be great for her just to feel better. She and her brother are both down today. 😦

One thought on “Delay.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s