These are things/events/times, from one of the hardest years of my life, for which I am most thankful for.
10. The Braves’ final game at Turner Field.
The gift of time to be able to go to Atlanta and see the final game at the TED with my brother Troy and buddy Tim was an experience I’ll never forget. Thank you, Troy and Lori for the MANY ways you’ve blessed me and my family this year!
9. My family, and their gift of a moving company to help us move while Isaiah was in the NICU.
Need I say anything else about that? That blessing from my parents, brothers and sisters-in-law was HUGE!
8. My church family at Neighborhood Alliance Church.
I don’t know how our family would have gotten through without these amazing people. They have been some of the best representatives of Jesus Christ that I know. I am constantly thanking God for them.
7. The selling of our old house and buying our new house 6 houses away.
This all happened while Isaiah was in the NICU, and couldn’t have been more seamless, thanks to Anne-Marie Wurzel, our realtor.
6. Ashley and Melissa Burton.
I wanted to single out these two, as they have spent hours at our house, allowing us to work, go out on date nights, and just get some respite. I am deeply indebted to you both!
5. The Soul Care conference in August.
This was life-changing! If you are not aware of Soul Care and the benefits you can experience from these 7 transformational principles, it’s so worth checking out.
4. Jeanette Wampach (Laura’s mom).
There is no other person who can come to our house and know exactly what to do as she can. Between her grandmother’s heart and special bond to our kids (especially Ava), her nursing background, and her being retired being able to spend nearly half the year with us… She deserves high praise!
3. Elijah and Ava.
These two mean the world to me! Elijah is the best big brother anyone can ask for. He’s extremely smart and funny and incredibly loving. Whenever he’s away at Papa and Gigi’s house, his presence is missed; he is a force of nature! Ava is the absolute joy of my heart! Her smile and laugh and cuddles brighten everyone’s day. I thank God for these two!
She is the glue that holds our household together. She has become such a great advocate for Ava, doing tasks that go way beyond her comfort zone, yet she does so with great care. I don’t know how I could do this without her. She is my best friend and my greatest supporter.
A true miracle from God! Born 13 weeks early at 2 pounds 3 ounces. He now weighs 15 pounds and is doing quite well. He has been a surprise in so many ways and I thank God for this little life.
(ONLY because I limited my list to top 10. These (mostly people) have made all the difference in the world and I am so thankful for each)
- The rest of our incredible families
- Emily and Ryan Dailey
- Shelby Griffis
- Mary Cornelius
- Ava’s therapists: Liani (OT), Amy (PT), Ana (Oral/Speech), Jen (Deaf teaching), Ruthie (Oral/Speech), Ally (PTA), Victor (PTA)
- Celebrating 10 years working with some of the most amazing people at Monsters Laugh Floor
- The World Champion Chicago Cubs (Craig asked his wife to edit this before posting, so I took the opportunity to add this to the list.)
There you have it. Thanks for taking time to read my list. Here’s to a new year and all the God has in store!